Connect the following cables and run them through the cable tray if
on the telescope. The black cables fit best if they are at the bottom of the
cable tray, so install them in the tray first.
Be sure to leave enough slack in the cables to allow for Cass. Ring
Rotation. Put the remaining extra cable length at the rack end to
minimize Cass. cage clutter.
- Attach 4 cables to the top of the PClock box: DC, Clocks,
Signal, and Monitor. Do not attach these cables to the dewar until the DC
and Clock voltages have been checked as described below. Improper voltages can
destroy the detector. The following section describes how to check the
- DB-25P from Metrabyte Breakout ``Coadd/Clocks'' to
DB-15S on Coadder ``Controls from Computer"
- DB-15P from Coadder ``Controls to PClock'' to
DB-25S on PCLOCK ``Controls from Computer''.
- DB-37P from PCLOCK ``Controls to Coadder'' to
DB-25S on Coadder ``Controls from PClock''.
- DB-37S from PCLOCK ``Data'' to
DB-37P on Coadder ``Data In''.
- DB-25P from MetraByte Breakout ``Gain & Bandwidth'' to DB-15S on
PClock ``Computer Controlled Gain and Bandwidth''
- DB-25 from Metrabyte Breakout ``GSM'' to DB-25 on GSM electronics box.
- BNC from Chopper Out to Chopper In on the PCLOCK box. Put a
BNC T on one end of this cable.
- BNC from this T to Chop In on the Utility Box.
- BNC from Utility Box ``Flip Mirror'' to the flip mirror motor on
the front of the dewar.
- GSM electronics box to dewar.
- DB-37S from Coadder ``Data out to Computer'' to
DB-37P on National AT-D10 interface box attached to PC. (First black
- DB-37S from MetraByte Breakout box to
DB-37S on MetraByte board at PC. (Second black cable)
- PClock power supply to PClock box.
- Coadder power supply to Coadder box.
- Filter stepper motor controller to Filter wheel stepper motor on dewar.
- Slit stepper motor controller to Slit wheel stepper motor on dewar.
- GSM power supply to GSM electronics box.
- Cass-9 to SC-10 Utility box on dewar. Cable 3 (w/ BNC connector) goes
to the Ethernet BNC connector on top of the SC-10 Cass Cage electronics rack.
- Extension cord from the 120 V UPS (blue) power strip to a cube tap at
the far end of the cable tray, then up to the SC-10 Utility box and GSM
electronics temperature controller mounted on the dewar. Tape the
junction to center guider tube.